- American Animal Hospital Association An organization of veterinarians, technicians and others who primarily treat companion animals. Web site includes news, publications, AAHA standards, links to state veterinary associations and other useful information. Many site resources are limited to members only.
- American Veterinary Medical Association News, features, veterinary resources. AVMA members have access to additional resources through NOAH, Network of Animal Health.
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges Career and admissions information, enrollment statistics, links to all U.S. and Canadian veterinary colleges.
- Iowa Veterinary Medical Association Information about IVMA, an online directory of Iowa veterinarians, calendar of events, classified ads, links to other veterinary Web resources, and a separate “members only” section.
- United States Animal Health Association A science-based, non-profit organization with a mission to protect animal and public health. Its prime objective is to prevent, control, and eliminate livestock diseases. Site includes animal health news alters, press releases, and links to industry, stat
- Atlas of Avian Diseases From Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Beef Cattle Institute “The Beef Cattle Institute at Kansas State University utilizes collaborative multidisciplinary expertise to promote successful beef production through the discovery and delivery of actionable information and innovative decision support tools.”
- Gateway to Farm Animal Welfare From the FAO. “The Gateway provides a single access point for international and national information related to farm animal welfare.”
- The Drost Project Includes visual images related to bovine, equine, ovine, porcine, and canine reproduction.
- Martindale’s “Virtual” Veterinary Center A wide variety of Web resources such as dictionaries and glossaries, veterinary curriculum materials, tutorials, and databases.
- MedlinePlus: Animal Diseases and Your Health Links to authoritative Web pages that provide overviews and information on specific conditions of birds, cats, dogs, horses, and other animals as they relate to human health.
- ViFaVet — Library, School of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany The “Subject Guide” includes annotated links to many worldwide Internet resources. Resources are arranged by subject and by animal species.
- Animal Research – Americans for Medical Progress “Americans for Medical Progress (AMP) protects society’s investment in research by nurturing public understanding of and support for the humane, necessary and valuable use of animals in medicine.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Digital Collections – Veterinary Anatomical Illustrations “The following illustrations are scanned images taken from the classic works of the German veterinary anatomists, Wilhelm Ellenberger and Hermann Baum, and medical illustrator, Hermann Dittrich. The texts, from which these illustrations were derived, are works published in 1898 and 1911 through 1925, all entitled Handbuch der Anatomie der Tiere für Künstler which can be translated as Handbook (or Atlas) of Animal Anatomy for Artists. The primary focus of these illustrations is on the integumentary and musculoskeletal systems of the horse, cow, dog, lion, goat and deer.”
- Veterinary Public Health A section of the Partners in Public Health website, “Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce is a collaboration of U.S. government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries which provides timely, convenient access to selected public health resources on the Internet.”